Well now that Christmas is only 10 days away (!!) how about a recap from our trip to NJ and PA?
This was our first trip with 2 kids along and they did pretty well! We all survived anyway.
Where did we go?
- First stop – 1 night in NJ with my brother, sister-in-law, niece, and baby bump!
- Then a few days in Mount Joy, PA with Brian’s parents, visiting some old friends, and Thanksgiving at Brian’s Aunt’s
- Then 1 1/2 days in Lehigh County, PA with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousin
Family and Friend Highlights
- Elliot met his Great Grandparents for the first time, and my Aunt Chris, Uncle Dean, and Cousin Dan
- Leland got to play lots with Pap-Pap, including building a snowman!
- The three cousins (and two cats!) playing together at my brother’s – soooo fun
- Four kids (0, 1, 2, and 3) running around when our friends visited us at Brian’s parents
- Meeting baby Titus!
- Chatting in person with my college housemate about Gently Parenting
- A trip to the Fun Fort where Brian and I spent so much time in college – now the kids could play there, it was kind of a strange feeling!
- Doing Christmas with Brian’s parents
- my sister-in-law Shannon has Wen which I’ve always wanted to try – I did and it is nice!
- my Aunt Denise has Moroccan Oil shampoo and I love it
- Fried Avocado for dinner at a Mexican restaurant – I had seriously been wanting to try it since we were last in PA in March. It did not disappoint (Avocado stuffed with meat and cheese, breaded and fried)
- Shannon made us pizzas (including a tomato-free one for Leland)
- My cousin Dan made us some crazy turkey sliders with Thanksgiving leftovers when we arrived that evening
- Rockwell’s! Such a good restaurant and I hadn’t been in ages – the kids’ first time there (crab dip of my dreams . . . )
- I made shrimp alfredo one night (only the semi-homemade way but it tasted yummy!)
- Country Table pumpkin pie
- And of course, Thanksgiving dinner at Brian’s Aunt Cindy’s
- my bed!
- our shower pressure
- my dimmable mirror light by my bed for nighttime wakeups (but a downloaded flashlight app saved the day!)
Hey, let’s do it again in 10 days!